The conference will take place in the John Galsworthy building on the Penrhyn Road campus of Kingston University (Penrhyn Road, Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 2EE). Please read below for information on travelling to the campus. Also see our page for things to do in the area.
Trains run regularly from London Waterloo to Kingston upon Thames station or Surbiton station (at least every 15 minutes). The train journey takes approximately 25 minutes. The Penrhyn Road campus is about halfway between Kingston station and Surbiton station (slightly closer to Kingston station), at around 15-20 minute’s walk from station to campus. See below for options for buses from the stations.
The Kingston University bus stop is served by the following bus routes:
- 281 (also stops at Kingston Station, Surbiton station and continues to Hampton Wick for people staying at the White Hart)
- 406 (also stops near Kingston Station (Cromwell Road Bus Station))
- 418 (also stops near Kingston Station (Cromwell Road Bus Station))
- 71 (also stops at Surbiton Station, near Kingston Station (Eden Street))
- K2 (also stops at Surbiton Station, near Kingston Station (Eden Street))
- K3 (also stops at Surbiton Station, near Kingston Station (Eden Street) and near the Holiday Inn (Windmill Lane))
A single cash bus fare is currently £2.20 (£1.30 if you use an Oyster card).
- From the North
- follow the M1 to junction 6a (M25)
- take the M25 to junction 13 (A30)
- follow the signs to the A308 (Kingston) through Staines, Sunbury, Hampton Court and on to Kingston Bridge
- From central London
- take the A3 to Robin Hood Roundabout
- take the right lane filter onto Kingston Vale (A308)
- From the South
- take the M25 to junction 9
- then take the A243 to Surbiton and follow the signs to Kingston
- From the South West
- take the M3 to Sunbury
- then take the A308 to Hampton Court and follow the signs to Kingston
Please use one of the public pay-and-display car parks nearby, which include:
- The Bittoms – virtually opposite the Penryhn Road campus
- The Rose – to reach the Penrhyn Road campus from The Rose car park, walk up Kingston Hall Road, turn right at the roundabout and walk along Penrhyn Road
- Eden Walk – a five- to 10-minute walk from the Penrhyn Road campus
For full details of public car parking in Kingston, please visit www.kingston.gov.uk
There is a network of cycle routes adjacent to most university sites. Cycle parking facilities are available on all sites, including halls of residence. For more information about cycling to the university, please visit our Sustainability website.
- From Heathrow
- You can take a bus to centre of Kingston upon Thames, from the Central Bus Station at Heathrow terminals 1-3. The recommended option is the airport express bus, X26, which only stops twice before Kingston. Other options include the 111 or 285, which takes longer and does not cater for luggage. All these buses charge the normal bus fare of £2.20 (£1.30 if you use an Oyster card).
- Alternatively, take the Piccadilly line Underground service to Earls Court, change to the District Line to Wimbledon and catch a mainline train to Kingston or Surbiton.
- From Gatwick
- Take the train to Clapham Junction and then catch a mainline train to Kingston or Surbiton.
Transport for London, especially the Journey Planner feature.